Thursday, October 6, 2011

There's Joy in Unity

Today I went to RE Bennett and experienced something close to what I would describe the best day of my life (hmmm, well...). I went to go play with my 7-9 year old friends during one of the recesses for the second and third graders. It was simply epic. EPIC.


After asking a group of kids, including three girls and two boys, if we could play "Follow the Leader" and receiving approval, something awesome began to happen. As soon as we started, kids were joining us and soon enough, we had at least ten kids that were excited to be playing this game. It was at this point that I shared with the kids my dream for this Thursday afternoon recess. "Oh my, you guys, can you imagine if we had everyone playing with us?!! It'd be a dream come true!" All of the kids just stood there...contemplating the idea. Maybe they even began to dream it too...


As we continued to play, more and more kids would join us. We were quite the scene. The duties (playground supervisors) didn't know what to think. Eventually, there were easily over thirty kids that were playing "Follow the Leader."


Sure, not all the kids were playing, but with the large group of kids that were playing, they made my day. I can't share how much I love unity. If only I could play a video of the thirty-minutes that I spent at the school today. I don't think I'll ever forget the overflowing amount of joy that I was exposed to, let alone feeling, in that quick bit of time.


There's joy in unity. That game of "Follow the Leader" was only a small glimpse of the overflowing joy that comes when the body of Christ is in unity, following their Saviour, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment