Friday, January 27, 2012

Dig Deeper and Deeper

One of the hardest parts of this blog will probably be coming to a decision on what to title it. Although I don't usually have titles picked out prior to completing my blog, I usually have a theme or phrase that directs my thoughts which are then transfered into small, pathetic words that are comprehended as a title. Yet, all the words I choose never seem to accurately depict the excitement my heart experiences in moments such as these. But I'm sure, as is the case in most, that as I write, the title will come.


Shortly after coming home from my DTS, questioning all that I was doing in life, Ashley Kline shared with me some wise words of Rainer Maria Rilke. "Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer."


And gradually, with patience, endurance, and grace, I am beginning to live and taste life and life abundantly. I am continuing to press into the verse John 10:10. It's the life abundantly that really stirs my heart to know Him more. God is slowly unraveling a mysterious masterpiece that is indeed what He is making to be my life. I'm learning so much. Revelations seem to be coming daily, sometimes hourly. I continue to stand in awe of Jesus Christ, my need for Him, and the transformation He is bringing to my life through His grace and truth.


As much as I would love to share every detail about all that the Lord is doing and stirring within my heart, there are two reasons that immediately come to mind to support my decision to not even attempt. First off, I am tired and want to go to bed. Secondly, by sharing His intimate love for me and His desire to know me and to be deeply known by me through all that He is teaching me would rob you from your own personal walk with the Lord. To try to explain my relationship with my best Friend in a way that you would completely understand it in the ways that I would want you to understand it is impossible.


Once again, I'm reminded by a revelation I had long ago....


Words cannot contain Him.


I hope you are encouraged to seek Him and have your own personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Life....hmm....Life and life abundantly. Yep. I'm still yearning for more...yep. And I know I will also be able to do that very thing for the rest of my life. I will always and forevermore be able to yearn for more of Him as I dig deeper and deeper.


And there it is...the title.


Beautiful words, Rilke. Perfect timing, Ashley. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Kari, I don't know when or why I started following your blogs, but I am SO glad that I did so because your writings bring me much encouragement and inspiration! We are soul sisters separated by distance, but sisters nonetheless because we are part of the same Body. :) John 10:10 has been a major theme in my life these past two years, and I am rejoicing that He is calling you deeper into Himself. The surface level stuff simply cannot satisfy. :)

    ReplyDelete