Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Who Am I?

I love people who are filled with life. They are the kind of people that draw others in and bring joy into the room. I admire those kind of people that are just on fire for God. I love people who are passionate and completely in love with Jesus. I enjoy being around people who are willing to step out of their comfort zone with confidence. I love people who are bold and courageous because of their trust in the Lord.

It's amazing how God can give you the desires of your heart. All the things I love about other people, I've always wanted for my own life. I want to be filled with life. I want to draw others in and bring joy into the room. I want to be on fire for God. I want to be passionate and completely in love with Jesus!! I want to be bold and courageous and willing to step out of my comfort zone because of my trust and hope in the Lord and my love for Him.

Well, God is revealing so much of who He is but even more of who I am.

A few nights ago, I had one of the first dreams that I could remember. My family and I were in Hawaii for something. It wasn't vacation but that definitely wasn't a problem. It's Hawaii! In the dream, I climbed this huge mountain with who I thought was my dad. The climb was WAY easier than I thought it would be. I wanted to climb it again the next day but no one else wanted to join me. There were other random things that were in the dream, including Staci informing me that she had painted one of my bedroom walls red while I was gone on my DTS. (Staci, that would be a horrible color to paint one of my walls. However, if you get the sudden urge to paint my room-do it! I would just ask that you pick colors that would look nice. Yellow and red is too much like McDonalds.) But really, the only awesome part of my dream was climbing this enormous mountain.

And then the morning after my dream, Kawika Drummond began our first lecture session on the Kingdom of God. Didn't realize that my prayer earlier that morning for God to reveal Himself more and more on a daily basis would come at such an abundance and urgency. That's what you get when you pray; God answers because He is faithful. Before digging into lecture, Kawika led us into a time where we each spent some time with God. During the quiet time, God brought clarity about the last night's dream. God told me that it wasn't my dad who climbed the mountain. God climbed the mountain with me and provided me with strength through the Holy Spirit. Then Kawika had us ask God what He thought of us. When I asked God, what He thought of me, He said, "Yes, Kari, you are a child of God, but you are more. You are a strong and courageous warrior who is willing to climb the mountains no one else wants to." After the short exercise, Kawika asked if anyone wanted to share. One of the guys, Brandon, shared and then he asked for any others to share. No one. And that's where God showed me, I'm willing. So I shared, as I have done so many times before.

And not only that, but students and staff, who I've know for less than two months, are coming up to me and sharing so many words of encouragement and prophesy. They don't even realize that what they are saying about who I am is what I've always desired to identify as with Jesus. God gives life abundantly. The more I learn about who God is, the more I learn about who I am. It's time that I start to grow out of the false identity I have been perceiving about myself and step into the fullness of who God has created me to be.

Oh yeah, and God has fulfilled another dream of mine. DTS? Check. Backpacking in Europe? Check. Pizza Party with the Homeless? Check. Yep! In Hamburg! Not only was it a Pizza Party but a whole other exciting adventure that God took me on (along with the other students that came-Mom:-)). And this my friends could possibly be the story to ask me about when I'm back: Pizza Party with the Homeless and MORE! I would need to be physically with you in order for you to truly understand how AMAZING my Pizza Party night. But until then, just know that God blew my mind (again) and gave me more than I could ever dream of! I can't explain it in writing and I'm far to lazy to type it out. I don't have video of it but I will never forget it.  I love homeless people, and Reggae people (WINK WINK HINT HINT). Awe! God is SOO good!

Okay, bedtime it is. I'm looking forward to setting up skype dates with you during my Christmas break (December 18-28) After Christmas break God is giving me the BEST birthday gift EVER! Outreach is planned to begin January 4, 2011. Not sure yet where I'll be but I'll be celebrating my birthday during outreach.

Keep praying! Love you guys. You rock!

2 comments:

  1. Kari,

    I am very happy to see/read that you are doing well. I love following your blog and will pray for you while you're gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kari, awesome blog again! I am so excited to hear about all of your adventures face to face! I am sure you were super stoked having the Pizza Party! I love you keep on sharing the love and be safe! God bless you and yours! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete